2014/05/04

Springtime = flowertime - Moss skirt - Grainline

Good Sunday everybody. Hope you have had a nice and relaxing weekend. 
Mine was sunny. A few life changing things happened last week, but I will tell you in some future posts. ;-) 

Today, I want to share my moss skirt. Some of you might have seen it a few days ago on instagram already.

It's springtime, so I was really in need of some cute skirt. Then, Moss Skirt  pattern popped into my mind. I have always been a huge fan of sewing patterns by grainline studio. Professional patterns and instructions - but what I appreciate the most is, that all of those patterns are totally wearable in everyday life. I already tried Tiny Pocket Tank and Archer Button Up Shirt and none of these garments became one of those hiding in my cupboard.


Let's get back to the skirt! I found this interesting fabric as a remnant on the Dutch fabric markets and fell in love immediately. The color and photo realistic print caught my eye. Aren't these rose colored flowers just nice? 
It was not specified, but I guess it is a cotton blend. It is slightly elastic and medium weight. 


As already mentioned, the pattern was very clear and good to follow. Main difficulty during this project was print matching. I wanted to make it as perfect as possible, although I had to waste a lot of this beautiful fabric, just to get the right matching parts for skirt front and back.
Tadaaa! It worked and I am so happy. Only downside, I did not have enough fabric to also match the upper part of skirt back with bottom part...but that is OK. :-)


Have you tried Moss Skirt, yet? I believe in endless possible variations and will surely make up some more for this year.
Here comes my top three on the blogosphere:


Have a good week ladies! :-*

25 comments:

  1. Wow, that fabric is really unusual, but very cool! It works so well for a Moss skirt, it looks fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fabric! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this fabric! You matched the pattern really well

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this fabric with the Moss!! Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is amazing! So stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing!! Great work in the pattern matching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous! It was worth the effort to match the print!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That skirt is fabulous! I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing pattern matching! The skirt really stands out. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. great skirt! fits you like a dream! and you have some mad pattern matching skills

    ReplyDelete
  11. hands down this is my fav version that ive seen. love that fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness. This is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I totally love this!!!! You did an amazing job pattern matching and really did this fabric justice - the Moss pattern is the perfect canvas for such a brilliant piece - lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous! And fabulous pattern matching...kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The fabric pattern is lovely and it really suits being a mini moss. Pattern matching is hard when you have to waste fabric to achieve it, but on this one it was totally worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just stunning! Amazing pattern matching. I love the way you've teamed a feminine fabric design with the more androgynous (in a good way) skirt design. Want!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This skirt is so beautiful! Perfect use of the print! I really love it styled with the raglan tee :) Nice contrast!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cute. I really like how you're dressing it down with that t-shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Superbe jupe <3

    http://www.aubonheurdesdames.net

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your fabric choice is amazing. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice post, things explained in details. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the print of the fabric! It really made a nice skirt but I am inspired to make it a bit longer, around knee length? What do you think? Thanks for sharing your nice ideas! I love to read really interesting sewing blogs like this.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Amazing piece of work there! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hey! Nice post, Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Flowers on the skirt look very creative! Thx for sharing. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...